Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Story Time?

So. Haven't posted in a couple days. Not like it matters, I'm pretty sure no one reads this anyways haha. Can't think of too much to talk about, actually. Work is the same as always. It's my home away from home. I love the people there, and I love the atmosphere. I was actually there today even though it's my day off. Love it. <3

So, since this topic actually got brought up today with a friend of mine, I might as well post some stuff about it. We were talking about dreams, and I just got to remembering some of the dreams I've had in the past. Good ones, bad ones, weird ones. The only ones I remember are usually the more detailed and vivid ones. It's weird how you just feel things in your dreams. Sensations of your body moving in a certain way, and also emotions that are apparently lying there in your subconscious. This one dream I had recently turned out really cool, actually. I was in the kickball/baseball field of my elementary school with one of my friends (possibly my bestie, I can't remember for sure), and a mountain lion came out of nowhere. We ran from it, but couldn't get very far. Somewhere in the dream, I figured out how to glide into the air. I stepped forward and pushed off of the air really hard with my foot, and I would just propel myself upwards a ways, and then take another step off the air to get even higher. So it was like flying... but not. Walking on air. It felt really cool, haha. Another one where I can remember physically feeling something was a dream where I was walking to school in the morning, and it was grey out. Like it was going to rain soon. I get to the end of my street, and these giant (I'm talking house-sized) wolves (two or three) come bounding out of nowhere, and start chasing me. I take off at a run, and I distinctly remember feeling that grip of the friction between the asphalt and my shoe as I started running. I had a dream in junior high once that the school year was ending, and I hugged my then-crush goodbye, and he kissed me on the cheek. I swear I felt it. I've woken up in the middle of the night at least once before, because I felt like someone kissed me. It's weird how brains work. One of my favorite dreams is also one of my shortest dreams and one of the most simple. Basically, my vision fades in to the sight before me: It's me, but I'm older. Not old-old. Late-twenties, maybe. I'm sitting on my knees on the floor, but I'm unfocused. It's just white and blurry around me, and you can't even see my face. Like a zoomed in photograph that's not very sharp. Why? Because the focus is on the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen. Sitting in my lap. My daughter. I just know it's my daughter. She's maybe two or three years old. This dream is only a couple seconds long as I remember it, but it was filled with the most overwhelming feeling of love and hope. I don't know why I love that dream so much. But I do. <3

Well I'm feeling kind of tired now, actually. Time to do some more dreaming? :)

- Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment