Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Don't act like you know me

So let's talk about one of my pet peeves here for a minute. Let's talk about makeup. Most, if not ALL of my guy friends agree that girls look prettier without makeup covering their natural beauty. I totally agree. But just because a girl wears makeup doesn't mean that she doesn't like the way she looks without it. In my personal situation, if you see me wearing makeup, it's a good thing. It means I'm happy that day. It means I'm feeling good enough about myself to look in the mirror and just play up my image a little. If I haven't bothered to do my hair or wash my face or put on clothes that look decent, then I'm depressed. I can go out without makeup and be happy, for sure. But don't assume that because I wear makeup, I'm uncomfortable with my appearance. I know I can be pretty either way. Maybe I just like playing with makeup!

One of the most annoying things is when people try and act like they know how you feel or what you're thinking when they obviously don't. Usually this only happens to me with people I've just barely met. It annoys the crap out of me when people pretend to know what's going through my head. Acting like you can read me like an open book is a joke. Stop trying to be all cocky and cool. You're not impressing me. There are times when my own friends don't know how I'm feeling. I'm so good at hiding. Don't act like you can peer into my head when you've known me for barely a day. People are so pretentious these days it's disgusting. Stop pretending. Be yourself. It's so much more attractive.

- Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment